Lead statuses and referral sources can help you keep track of where your leads on a project came from and where they are in the process of becoming a potential client. Buildout provides some default statuses while also giving your brokerage the ability to add your own.
Default Lead Statuses
The following lead statuses are default behavior in Buildout:
- No Status is simply used as a fallback. If there’s no status set, the status gets automatically set to the value
- Inquired is when a lead is created via web activity (the end user is logged in and views the property website, presumably to access a locked document)
- Requesting Information is when a lead fills out the Request for More Information form on your property website
What statuses are automatic?
Waitlist and website statuses are automatic. Lead statuses are mostly manual. When a lead is created via web activity (the end user is logged in and views the property website, presumably to access a locked document), the status will be “Inquired” and the referral source will be “Website” or “Website 1031 Exchange.” If a lead is created via web activity and the lead indicates they have a 1031 Exchange, the referral source is automatically "Website 1031 Exchange". Furthermore, if they provide the expiration date, we log that in the 1031 Expiration column.
When a lead fills out the Request for More Information form, the status will be “Requesting Information” and the referral source will be “Website.”
Customizing Lead Statuses and Referral Sources
Every brokerage/broker uses its own terminology for lead statuses or referral sources. Managers of a brokerage with Can Manage Company permissions can add, update, remove, or reorder referral sources and leads.
Select Company Settings in your profile dropdown and select the Projects tab.
Adding statuses and sources
To add a lead status or referral source, select the Add Status or Add Referral Source button.
Reordering statuses or sources
To reorder, select the ellipsis icon and simply drag and drop it into your desired spot.
Editing or removing statuses or sources
Rename lead statuses or referral sources by selecting the pencil edit icon. Delete a lead status or referral source by selecting the trash icon.
- Users will not be able to edit/remove the following statuses: No Status, Inquired, Offered.
- Users will not be able to edit/remove the following referral sources: No Status, Inquired, Offered, Website, Website 1031 Exchange.