At times you may find yourself needing to export your data to share externally or manipulate it in an Excel spreadsheet. You have the option to easily export reports in .CSV* or .XLS formats, and even schedule these reports to float to the top of your inbox on a regular cadence.
*Note that the .CSV export will not have formatting, groupings, or subtotals.
1. Select the Reports object
2. Find the Report you want to export or create a new Report
3. Once you have the Report you need to export, select the dropdown arrow next to Edit select Export
4. You will now see an option to export as:
- Formatted Report: Export the report as it appears in Salesforce, including the report header, groupings, and filter details; OR
- Details Only: Export only the detail rows. Use this to do further calculations or for uploading to other systems.
5. Once selected to your preferred format, you will see the export on your browser's download bar at the bottom. Simply click on it to access the file and you're done!
If you need to export all of your data or need a recurring mass export of your data, then please review this article for more information.
Scheduling Reports (Subscribing to Reports)
You can subscribe yourself and other Users, Groups, or Roles to receive refreshed report results by email on your preferred schedule. This may be helpful for any reports you need to access Monday morning before a team meeting in the afternoon.
1. From the Reports object, select your preferred Report select the dropdown arrow select Subscribe
2. In the setup screen, set the subscription Schedule, Conditions (optional), Recipients, and View.
3. Under Run Report As*, specify who runs the report.
- Me: You run the report, and recipients see report data in the emailed report as you.
- Another Person: Specify someone who has permission to run reports and who has access to the report.
* Recipients see emailed report data as the person running the report. Consider that they may see more or less data than they normally see in Salesforce.
Considerations for Subscribed Reports
- Each user can set up subscriptions for up to 5 reports
- Subscription recipients aren't listed on the report subscription emails
- Subscriptions aren’t supported for historical tracking reports
- Subscriptions aren’t supported for joined reports
Please reach out to Product Support (email@example.com) if you have any questions about accessing your data.