This article explains how to mass transfer records from one user to another.
The Mass Transfer Records tool can be used to transfer contacts, companies, properties, leads, lists, deals and other custom object records from one user to another. Only system administrators have the ability to mass transfer records.
You can transfer up to 250 records at a time, so this process may need to be repeated several times to get to the desired outcome. The alternative to this would be to use a tool like Data Loader which would allow you to transfer thousands of records at once; however, we do not provide direct support on this process.
1) Access Setup from any page in the top right corner of the screen by clicking the gear icon.
2) In the Quick Find box on the left side, search Mass Transfer and select Mass Transfer Records.
3) Once in Mass Transfer Records, click the link for the type of records to transfer. For this example, we'll use companies.
4) In the transfer fields, fill in the name of the user you are transferring records from and the name of the user you are transferring records to, then select Find at the bottom of the screen.
5) A list of all records available for transfer will generate at the bottom of the Mass Transfer Records screen.
6) When ready to transfer all records from one user to another, select the checkbox next to Account Name to select all records available and click Transfer.
7) You will see the number of records transferred from one user to the other at the bottom of the screen, confirming the mass transfer is complete.
If you need to mass transfer Tasks, then please review this article for more information.
Please reach out to Product Support (email@example.com) if you have any questions about Mass Transfer Records.