Have you ever wondered how to customize the fields that are displayed when hovering over the link to a related list, such as a contact from within a company record? This article will walk you through how to do this.
1. In this example, we are changing the information that is displayed for a contact, so we will access Setup > Object Manager > Contact.
2. Select Compact Layouts in the left panel, then click New.
3. Name your layout, then select the fields you want to display. Click Save.
4. Next, click the Compact Layout Assignment button.
5. Click Edit Assignment.
6. Select a Primary Compact Layout, a Record Type, and Compact Layout you want associated with the layout, then click Save.
Refresh your browser to see the changes.
Please reach out to Product Support (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions about customizing hover details.