In order to integrate a third-party application that resides in the utility bar (such as a dialer), you must create a new app. Below are the steps to guide you through this process.
1. Go to Setup App Manager and click the New Lightning App button.
2. Choose a name for your app (like 'Rethink', or your company name), an image, and primary color. Click the Next button.
3. In this window, do not make any changes.
4. Click the Add Utility Item button and search for Lists to add the component, then
- Choose an Icon (optional)
- Set the Panel Width to 360 (optional)
- Set the Panel Height to 420 (optional)
- Click on Add Utility Item once again and choose Open CTI Softphone (RingCentral) or any other 3rd Party App
- Click Next
5. Choose the Navigation Items you wish to include in the app, then click Next.
6. Select all profiles and click Save & Finish.
7. Now, assign the newly-created app as the default for all user profiles by doing the following:
- Go to Setup Users Profiles
- Click Edit next to the desired profile. Note, this must be completed for all active profiles (e.g. Rethink Standard User, Rethink Advanced User, and System Administrator profiles)
- Go to the Custom App Settings section and select the Default option next to the newly-created app to set it as the default for that profile.
8. Affected users will need to log out and log back in to see the changes.
Please reach out to Product Support (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions about installing third party applications.