In this article, you'll learn how to customize a home page and activate it for a specific profile type.
Your organization is made up of different teams who serve different roles within your business. Some teams may need to see certain reports or dashboards, which may not be relevant to other users. For this reason, you can create a different home page per profile, but not per user. To accomplish this, follow the steps below.
1. Setup > Edit Page
2. Select Pages > New Page
3. Select Home Page, then click Next
4. Create a name for your new home page
5. Select the page layout template
6. Once you have your template selected, you can drag and drop items from the Lightning Components on the left-hand side into the page layout
7. Upon saving your page layout, activate it for users by selecting Activate
8. Assign the page layout as the Org Default (will be visible to all users across your organization), App Default (this will prompt you to assign the page layout to specific apps in Rethink), or App and Profile (in your case you'll want to select this option to assign to different profiles)
9. Select the app (choose Rethink CRE with no description)
10. Select the profile to assign the page layout to, select Next and then Save.
Please reach out to Product Support (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions about Customizing Home Page for Different Profile Types.