The Setup Audit Trail History helps you track the recent changes in the backend of Rethink that you and other administrators have made to your organization. This can be especially useful in organizations with multiple administrators. Only Administrators can view a Setup Audit Trail.
First, go to Setup > enter View Setup Audit Trail in the Quick Find box, then select View Setup Audit Trail:
To download your org’s complete setup history for the past 180 days, click Download. After 180 days, setup entity records are deleted.
The history shows the 20 most recent setup changes made to your org. It lists the date of the change, who made it, and what the change was. If an internal user (like an admin or support representative) makes a setup change on behalf of an end-user, the other user's name column shows the internal username. For example, if a user grants login access to an admin and the admin makes a setup change, the admin’s username is listed.
What does Setup Audit Trail track?
- Company information
- Default settings like language, locale, and multiple currencies
- Company messages
- Users, portal users, roles, permission sets, and profiles
- Email addresses for any user
- Record types (including creating or renaming record types and assigning record types to profiles)
- Security and Sharing Settings
- Mass deleting records, including when a mass delete exceeds the user’s Recycle Bin limit on deleted records
- Data Export requests
- Mass transfer usage
- Use of the Data Import Wizard
- Sandbox deletions
- Apex classes and triggers
- Visualforce pages, custom components, and static resources
- Lightning pages
- Action link templates
- Custom settings
- Custom metadata types and records
- Remote access definitions
- Salesforce Sites settings
- API usage metering notification, creating
- Process automation settings
- Approval processes
- Workflow actions, creating or deleting
- Packages from Salesforce AppExchange that were installed or uninstalled
The Audit Trail is also useful for troubleshooting as it captures date and time, allowing you to trace user issues back to a specific change. It’s also a great record of all the work you’ve done to customize Salesforce.
Please reach out to Product Support (email@example.com) if you have any questions about viewing your Setup Audit Trail.