If you are representing landlords as clients, this article will guide you through the process of entering a new deal and explain the various sections within the landlord rep deal page layout, including deal stages and functions of each component (related list).
First, select the Deal Pipeline tab select your List View of choice (in this example we are in the Landlord Rep List View)
The data shown in this format is the Table view (typically the default), which is very similar to a spreadsheet. On the far right side of this page you will notice several actions: List View Controls, Displays, Refresh, Inline Editing, Add a Chart, and Add Filters.
You can also switch to Kanban View:
The Kanban view displays your deals in a visual format that are sorted into columns. You can change the path and summaries display via the Kanban settings option. Generally, for the Deal Pipeline, the path (or Groups) are set to the Deal Stages and summarized by Gross Commission.
The standard stages for Landlord Rep are listed below. We recommend that your organization customize these to your specific process.
- Lease Execution
- Closed * It is highly recommended to not change this specific stage, as it is tied to existing automations for a successful creation of a Lease Comp.
Details hold basic information about the deal, like Deal Name, Property, Stage, and Status.
Pipeline Management holds information pertaining to the commission and how it is split with the house.
Client Exceptions holds the requirements of the client pertaining to the specific deal, like Rent Amount or Date Availability.
Listing & Marketing holds information like which sites the listing is marketed on, for how long, and the price listed for.
Lease Execution holds information pertaining to the finalization of the deal, like actual rent amount, lease term, landlord work, etc.
Associated Parties are anyone that you add to a deal, whether they be an Internal Colleague or External Contact.
- Internal Colleague could be a co-broker, in which case you can give them access to the deal and also split the commission with them here.
- External Contacts link a contact in your system to the deal and also assign them a role. That role can be anything from the tenant broker on the other end of the deal, to a secondary owner, to a contact at the property management company that lets you in the building.
Creating a Listing Inquiry will allow you to capture information for anyone interested in the Space/Unit. All inquiries you enter in the deal will be shown in the Listing Inquiry related list.
Create a new inquiry in Landlord Rep and Seller Rep deals by clicking the 'New Inquiry' button shown below.
The fields that are displayed in the New Inquiry form originate from the Inquiry/Requirement object.
To customize any picklist values and create additional fields, go into Setup > Object Manager > select Inquiry/Requirement > Fields & Relationships.
If you choose to create any additional custom fields, be sure to add them onto your New Inquiry layout using the below steps.
To add or remove fields from the New Inquiry form, do the following:
- Go into Setup > Object Manager and select Deal Pipeline
- Go to on Buttons, Links & Actions in the left panel
- Select New Inquiry from the list of items
- Click 'Edit Layout' button
- Drag and drop fields from above onto the layout below (or vice versa to remove them from the layout)
- Save your changes, then refresh your browser
The New Offer button will take information pertaining to any new Offer, as well as keep track of that offer's stages and other pertinent information.
All activities, past or future, are held in the Activities component of the Deal Pipeline. You can log calls, emails, events and create tasks from here. It is encouraged that you input any activities specific to a listing in this section (or tied to the Deal) so that you can report on all of your efforts to your client through a Deal Activity Report or standard report.
Please reach out to Product Support (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions about landlord rep deals.