As the System Administrator, you are responsible for managing the data in your CRM. While your data is stored in the cloud, it is still a best practice to occasionally back up your data to prevent any unforeseen impact to your business.
In this article, you will learn how to create a back up of your data through exports, which is the recommended method for backing up your data. You can also export your data using a tool from Salesforce called Data Loader, but that method is not covered in this article.
1. From Setup , type Export into the Quick Find search box
2. Select Data Export
3. Click either Export Now or Schedule Export
- Export Now: Prepares your records for immediate export. This option is only available if enough time has passed since your last export.
- Schedule Export: Allows you to schedule automatic delivery of exports on a weekly or monthly basis.
4. Check off all the items you want included in your export, or leave the 'Include all data' option checked to export all data (recommended).
If you selected Schedule Export, you will have the option to select your preferred export frequency.
5. To include any files, attachments and images in the export, you must select 'Include images, documents, and attachments' and 'Include Salesforce Files and Salesforce CRM Content document versions'.
6. Click Start Export or Save to begin processing your export.
Exports will completed as soon as possible as they are placed in queue for processing. When ready, you will receive an email with a link to a zip file containing your export. Large exports will be delivered in multiple files. Export links are only valid for 48 business hours.
Please reach out to Product Support (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions about exporting your data from Rethink.