As the System Administrator, you are responsible for managing the data in your org. While your data is stored in the cloud, it is still a best practice to occasionally back up your data to prevent any unforeseen impact to your business.
In this article, you will learn how to create a back up of your data through automated scheduled exports. This is the recommended method for backing up your data. You can also back up your data using a tool from Salesforce called Data Loader, but this method is not covered in this article.
1. From Setup , type Data Export into the Quick Find box
2. Select Data Export and Export Now or Schedule Export
- Export Now: Prepares your records for immediate export. This option is only available if enough time has passed since your last export.
- Schedule Export: Allows you to schedule automatic delivery of exports on a weekly or monthly basis.
3. If you select Export Now you will see a page that looks like this. You will need to check off the items you want to include in your final export.
If you selected Schedule Export, then you will arrive to the page below, where you will see the same preferences to check off and have the option to select your preferred Frequency of these reports.
4. We recommend that you select Include all data.
5. Final step is to click Start Export or Save.
Exports will complete as soon as possible, as they are first placed in queue for processing. You will receive an email with a link to a zip file of your backup. Large exports will be delivered in multiple files. Please note, zip files are deleted 48 hours (business days only) after the email is sent.
Please reach out to Product Support (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions about exporting your data from Rethink.