In this article you will learn how to locate Setup, identify key elements, and understand what to access for customizing your org. By the end of this session you will be able to quickly navigate through several components of Setup.
As the Rethink System Administrator you will be spending most of your time in Setup for managing, customizing and configuring your org.
You can access Setup from any page on the top right of the screen by clicking the gear icon
At this point you should have a new tab opened to Setup. Now let's take a look at the home page of Setup.
Setup Home Page
- Home: Setup Home. Where you can access the three main sections - Administration, Platform Tools, and Settings.
- Object Manager: Clicking into the Object Manager tab will bring you into what houses all of the standard and custom objects. Essentially, it manages the Objects (or tabs) on the front-end of Rethink.
- Quick Find: This will allow you to quickly search with keyword(s) without having to drill through the Setup Menu.
- Global Search: Use this powerful feature to scan through your keyword(s) in Setup Home and the Object Manager.
- Setup Menu: The menu gives you quick links to a collection of pages that let you do everything from managing your users to modifying security settings.
- Main Window: The Setup Home page will always default to this page where you can access your Most Recently Used pages. The quick-access tiles provides instant access to key setup tools and information. The Create menu gives you quick access to common functions, such as adding a new user and drafting new email templates.
The Setup Menu is broken down into three sections:
- Administration: The Administration category is where you manage your users, data and email. You can take actions like: Add users, create permissions, import and export data, create email templates, and sync your email service with Rethink.
- Platform Tools: This category enables you to develop your customizations - whether it's creating automations, modifying the user interface, or accessing the Sandbox for testing purposes.
- Settings: Finally, Settings is where you manage your company information, org security, view a history of changes in Setup, and learn how to optimize user adoption.
Now that we have fully covered the main page of Setup, you can learn more about the Object Manager in this section.
Please reach out to Product Support (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions about Setup.