Einstein Activity Capture is the new email integration for your Rethink account. Your emails and calendar events will automatically log as an activity to related records, such as contacts. Also, your contact details and events can sync both ways between your email and Rethink.
Before we get started with setup, let's review the system requirements your email must meet:
G Suite by Google Cloud: Basic, Business, and Enterprise editions.
Exchange Server 2016 or 2013
Exchange Online with Office 365
Exchange hybrid deployments
|Org||Exchange Online with Office 365|
* Unsure if you have Exchange or Office 365? Please review this article.
STEP 1: Assign Permission Sets for Each User (including System Admin)
Go to Setup Users section Permission Sets select Standard Einstein Activity Capture
Select Manage Assignments
Select your user(s) who should have their emails integrated by marking the checkbox next to their names or select all click the Assign button
STEP 2: Turn on Einstein Activity Capture
From Setup, search for Einstein Activity Capture in the Quick Find Search Box select Settings click the "Get Started" button on the page:
You will need to review and accept the terms before continuing to the next step. Check off the box and click Next when you're ready:
Select your email server (Google G Suite, Microsoft Office 365, or Microsoft Exchange) and click Next:
Next, name your configuration, can be as simple as "[company] email server" or [your name]'s email", and give it a Description if you want click Next:
From here you are able to select your Sync Settings, which means you can choose the flow of data between your email server and Rethink, and if you wish the information (enable or disable Emails, Events, and/or Contacts) to sync. Typically users will choose to have all types synced and for the Direction to be "Both Directions".
- If you have your Contacts synced Both Directions: We recommend importing Companies into Rethink first. Company records are not automatically created via Einstein Activity Capture. ** If you do not import companies first, then you will run into the risk of losing Company data in your Microsoft or Google contacts.
- If you have your Contacts synced Outlook/Gsuite to Rethink: Only your Contacts will be created in Rethink as records, no company association and no company records will be created
- You can find more detailed information from Salesforce articles linked below:
Click Next when you're ready:
Next, you will need to add your users by selecting their name(s) and click the arrow to the right to shift to the "Selected Users" column click Next:
* If you do not see any users listed under "Available Users", then you will need to revisit "STEP 1" at the top of this article or reach out to Product Support (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Now, you have the option to add email addresses or domains to exclude them from the email sync. For example, if you have internal email correspondence you wish to leave out of activities in Rethink, then you will want to add to "Internal Domains" or "Email Addresses". You can read the How does it work? section to the right for more information. You can choose to skip this part and come back to it later if you wish by clicking Next when you're ready:
Finally, you will select the sharing settings. Each user will have their option to choose to Share with Everyone or Don't Share. The selection you make here will be the default until each user makes a personal change. You can review What will others see? on the right side for more information. Click Next when you're ready!
You're almost done! Check out What's Next? to successfully complete the sync after this page click Finish to enable Einstein Activity Capture:
Finally, you'll be directed back to the original Einstein Activity Capture settings page. From here click "Set Up Now" in the Email Integration box toggle the switch to enable the plug-in for your Outlook or Google:
STEP 3: Connect Your Email Account
In a few moments, a bar will appear at the top of your page. Each user who is set up with Einstein Activity Capture (from Step 2) will receive this notification to connect your email account to Rethink. Click on the link to proceed:
Next, you'll be directed to the next few pages to connect your email account:
STEP 4: User Setup
Now, users can connect their email account and define their own personal settings. Here is a video tutorial to share with your users.
- After a user is set up to sync contacts, Einstein Activity Capture creates a folder called Salesforce_Sync (Microsoft Exchange) or a group called Salesforce Sync (Google) within the user’s email account. Users choose which contacts sync by moving contacts into the Salesforce_Sync folder or Salesforce Sync group.
- You can define other capture settings, which apply to all Einstein Activity Capture users.
STEP 5: Install the Salesforce Extension to Your Outlook/Gmail
OUTLOOK: The Outlook Admin can install the Salesforce plug-in for all users, or each user can install it themselves from Add-Ins if they have access. You may also go to the Microsoft AppSource to install.
GMAIL: Each user will need to install the Salesforce extension from the Chrome Web Store.
Once installed, log in with your Rethink login credentials.
A few optional features to setup within your plug-in includes:
1. Enabling the "Add to Salesforce" button to add new Contacts with a click of a button. Learn more and setup this feature here!
The setup is now complete!
Feel free to reach out to Product Support at email@example.com if you have any questions about integrating your email.