Einstein Activity Capture is the email integration for your Rethink account. When this feature is enabled, email and calendar events will automatically sync from your Outlook or Gmail account and be logged under the Activity Timeline of related records. You can also specify the sync direction (from Rethink to Outlook, Outlook to Rethink, or both directions). Before we get started, review the system requirements for syncing your email.
- Your company must be using G Suite by Google Cloud (a paid Gmail account)
- Basic, Business, and Enterprise editions are supported
- Offers user-level connection method only
- Microsoft Exchange Online with Office 365
- User-level connection method
- Org-level connection method
- Microsoft Exchange 2019, 2016, or 2013
- User-level connection method
Not sure if you have Exchange or Office 365? Please review this article.
STEP 1: Assign Permission Set to Users
Go to Setup > Users > Permission Sets and click Standard Einstein Activity Capture
Click Manage Assignments.
Click Add Assignments.
Select the user(s) to include in the email integration by marking the checkbox next to their names (or click select all), then click Assign.
STEP 2: Turn On Einstein Activity Capture
Go to Setup, then type Einstein Activity Capture in the Quick Find Search Box. Select Settings under Einstein Activity Capture, then click Get Started.
Review and accept the terms by checking the box, then click Next.
Select your email server (Google G Suite, Microsoft Office 365, or Microsoft Exchange) and click Next.
Name your configuration (for example, 'My Company Email Config') and add a description, if desired, then click Next.
Choose which direction you want your data to flow by defining Sync Settings. You may also choose to enable or disable sync for certain activities, such as Email, Events, and Contacts. Typically, users will choose to have all activity types synced in both directions.
- Contacts synced Both Directions:
- We recommend you import your companies into Rethink first, as company records are not automatically created with Einstein Activity Capture.
- If you do not import your companies before setting this up, then you will run into the risk of losing company data in your Microsoft or Google contacts.
- Contacts synced Outlook / Gsuite to Salesforce:
- Only contact records are created.
- If you have not imported your companies first, then your contacts will have no company association since company records are not automatically created with Einstein Activity Capture. This is not ideal, as the contacts will be considered 'orphaned' records.
- You can find more detailed information from Salesforce articles linked below:
Click Next when ready to proceed:
Add your users to the configuration by selecting their name(s) and moving them to "Selected Users", then click Next:
* If you do not see any users listed under "Available Users", then you will need to revisit "STEP 1" at the top of this article or reach out to Product Support (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Now, you have the option to add email addresses or domains to exclude them from the email sync. For example, if you have internal email correspondence you wish to leave out of activities in Rethink, then you will want to add to "Internal Domains" or "Email Addresses". You can read the How does it work? section to the right for more information. You can choose to skip this part and come back to it later if you wish by clicking Next when you're ready:
Finally, you will select the sharing settings. Each user will have their option to choose to Share with Everyone or Don't Share. The selection you make here will be the default until each user makes a personal change. You can review What will others see? on the right side for more information. Click Next when you're ready!
You're almost done! Check out What's Next? to successfully complete the sync after this page click Finish to enable Einstein Activity Capture:
Finally, you'll be directed back to the original Einstein Activity Capture settings page. From here click "Set Up Now" in the Email Integration box toggle the switch to enable the plug-in for your Outlook or Google:
STEP 3: Connect Your Email Account
Refresh your browser, and a banner will appear at the top of your screen prompting you to connect your personal email and calendar. All users who have been added to Einstein Activity Capture in step 2 will see the same banner the next time they log in (or refresh the page). Click on the link to proceed.
Follow the prompts to connect your email account:
STEP 4: User Setup
Now, each user can connect an email account and define their own personal sync settings. Here is a video tutorial you may share with your users.
- After a user is added to the contacts sync configuration, Einstein Activity Capture creates a folder called Salesforce_Sync (Microsoft Exchange) or a group called Salesforce Sync (Google) within the user’s email account. Users choose which contacts to sync by moving those contacts into the Salesforce_Sync folder or Salesforce Sync group.
- Users can also define capture settings for activity sharing.
STEP 5: Install the Salesforce Extension in Outlook/Gmail
- The Outlook administrator can install the Salesforce plug-in onto each user's email application. Or, if users have permission to install plug-ins, they can install it themselves by accessing Add-Ins in their Outlook application, or by visiting Microsoft AppSource.
- Each user will need to install the Salesforce extension in their browser by visiting the Chrome Web Store.
Once installed, log in to the Salesforce pane using your Rethink login credentials.
The setup is complete!
Here are a few optional features to customize your email plug-in:
1. Enable the "Add to Salesforce" button to add new contacts and more with a click of a button. Learn more and setup this feature here!
Feel free to reach out to Product Support at email@example.com if you have any questions about integrating your email.