This article will guide you through the process of using the Data Import Wizard to import records into your CRM. Data migration can be a complicated task, and it may take a few tries to get it right. There are many online resources to walk through the process and we will do our best to explain below.
Before importing your data, make sure you are familiar with where that data will go in Rethink. You will also need to ensure your data is cleaned up, deduplicated, and correct. Once you are confident in your data and the end destination (specifically at the field level), you are ready to move on to the tool.
- Go to Setup
- Search for Data Import Wizard in the Quick Find search box and select it when it appears
- Follow the steps in the tool to continue
In this example, we will import Comps. The data has been saved as a CSV file. First, we must confirm each column in our spreadsheet has an associated field in Rethink - so the data has a place to go. Be sure to create any missing fields in Rethink before continuing. Now, let us begin the import process:
1. From the tool, click Launch Wizard!, then select the object you want to import (most Rethink Objects are under Custom Objects).
2. Next, you'll be asked what type of import you're conducting:
We're simply adding new records in this case.
3. You'll then be given the opportunity to assign additional details of the Comp that are related, like record owner, Broker, Buyer, Deal, etc. We don't need to select any of these because we haven't included those details in the CSV but the last selection is record type; Lease Comp or Sale Comp. We're uploading Sale Comps.
4. Upload your CSV file and click Next.
5. This is where the magic happens - you'll map your file records to your Rethink Object Fields.
6. Once complete, you'll see a summary of the mapped fields. In this scenario, there are two data points unmapped (Zip and Prop Owner), so these fields will be omitted from the upload.
7. Click Start Import
The job will notify you of the status and present errors if any occur. If completed without error you'll be able to view your records from the object you added them to.
It's best practice to check your records to ensure proper mapping.
Please reach out to Product Support (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions about which tool is best suited for you. Note that Product Support is not responsible for importing your data, however, we can certainly recommend one of our trusted partners to assist.