This article will guide you through the process of using the Salesforce Data Import Wizard, found within Setup. Please note data migration can be a complicated task, and it may take a few tries to get it right. There are many online resources to walk through the process and we'll do our best to exhibit below.
Do you have data that you need to get into Rethink to help you track Deals, Comps, add new Contacts, and more? This is the most helpful tool in doing so. Before you're ready to import data you'll need to make sure you're familiar with where that data will go within Rethink. You'll also need to ensure your data is clean; deduplicated and correct. Once you're confident in your data and the end destination (specifically at the field level) you're ready to move on to the tool.
To begin, go to Setup and use Quick Find to search for Wizard, found under Integrations > Data Import Wizard. The tool provides a step by step guide on what to do.
In this example, I'm going to import Comps. I've saved my data as a CSV file, including all the information I have on each deal according to the fields already present on a Comp record in Rethink.
1. From the App click Launch Wizard!, then select the Object you want to upload (most Rethink Objects are Custom).
2. Next you'll be asked what type of upload you're conducting:
We're simply adding new records in this case.
3. You'll then be given the opportunity to assign additional details of the Comp that are related, like record owner, Broker, Buyer, Deal, etc. We don't need to select any of these because we haven't included those details in the CSV but the last selection is record type; Lease Comp or Sale Comp. We're uploading Sale Comps.
4. Upload your CSV file and click Next.
5. This is where the magic happens - you'll map your file records to your Rethink Object Fields.
6. Once complete, you'll see a summary of the mapped fields. In this scenario, there are two data points unmapped (Zip and Prop Owner), so these fields will be omitted from the upload.
7. Click Start Import
The job will notify you of the status and present errors if any occur. If completed without error you'll be able to view your records from the object you added them to.
It's best practice to check your records to ensure proper mapping.
Please reach out to Product Support (email@example.com) if you have any questions about which tool is best suited for you. Note that Product Support is not responsible for importing your data, however, we can certainly recommend one of our trusted partners to assist.