This article provides steps on how to properly set up a new user in Buildout CRM.
The system administrator can set up a new user in three easy steps:
- Create a user account
- Enable permission sets
- Assign the managed package license
Step 1: Create a User Account
Go to Setup > Users > Users and click the New User button.
Tip: Add multiple users at once by clicking the Add Multiple Users button. Ensure that you give your new users unique usernames and select the Generate new password and notify the user immediately checkbox on the bottom of the page.
Complete the required fields outlined below.
- Name - enter the first and last name of the user
- Username - enter preferred username; must be in email format, but does not have to be a valid email address
- Email - enter an email address for the user
- User License - select Salesforce (administrator) or Salesforce Platform (user)
- Profile - select System Administrator, Rethink Advanced User or Rethink Standard User
To learn more about user profiles, refer to this article
Next, set the Locale Settings for the individual user. This is crucial to ensure language, measurement units, and currency are in the appropriate form.
Step 2: Enable Permission Sets
When you add a new user, you will need to enable the necessary Permission Sets to allow the user access to desired functionality and future updates.
1. In the user profile, go to the Permission Set Assignments section, then click Edit Assignments.
2. For Rethink users, select Rethink Features and Rethink Advanced Features and move them to the Enabled Permission Sets column.
If your organization uses Rethink Intelligence and Standard Einstein Activity Capture features, then enable those permission sets as well.
3. Click Save.
Step 3: Assign the Managed Package License
You will now need to assign the managed package license to your new user(s).
- Scroll down to Managed Packages.
- Click Assign Licenses.
- Select the checkbox next to 'Rethink CRE'.
- Click Add.
After saving your changes, you will be redirected to the new user's profile page.
Note: If the desired manage package is not listed, then all of your licenses are currently in-use. Please contact your relationship manager or support team to purchase additional licenses. Otherwise, if you recently deactivated a user, ensure that the license has been removed from the inactive user by following these steps.
Congratulations, you have added a new user!
Please reach out to Product Support (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions about adding a new user.