To enable task notifications, the Rethink system administrator will need to enable Reminder Sets by adding this option to the page layout. Instructions in this article will step you through the process.
1. First, ensure that Show task reminders in Lightning Experience is enabled in each user's personal settings. Users will need to enable this individually in their personal profile by clicking on their profile picture in the upper right, then clicking Settings. Navigate to Calendar & Reminders > Activity Reminders. Make sure the box next to Show task reminders in Lightning Experience is checked, then click Save.
2. Next, go to Setup > Global Actions select Layout next to New Task.
3. Then, drag and drop Reminder Set onto the page layout, then click Save.
4. After refreshing your browser, Reminder Set will be shown in the Activity panel under New Task.
Set Up Email Reminders (via Workflow Rules)
- Click Setup.
- Type Workflow in the Quick Find box and click Workflow Rules.
- Click New Rule.
- Select the object Task and click Next.
- On Edit Rule, set a Rule Name and Description.
- For Evaluation Criteria, select created, and any time it's edited to subsequently meet criteria
- For Rule Criteria, select: criteria are met:
- Field: Task: Reminder Set; Operator: equals; Value: True
- Click Save & Next
- On the next page, click Add Time Trigger
- Choose when to send the reminder:
- 1; Days; Before; Task: Reminder Date/Time
- Click Save.
- Click Add Workflow Action within the Time Trigger created.
- Choose New Email Alert, supply a description
- Choose the email template you want to use.
- As Recipient Type, search for Owner, move from 'Assigned To' to the 'Selected Recipients' column.
- For 'From Email Address', choose either Current User or an Org-Wide address.
- Click Save.
- Click Done.
- Verify your settings and click Activate the Workflow.
Please reach out to Product Support (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions about enabling task notifications.